Sending Texts with Your Unlisted Number
All Unlisted numbers are enabled to send and receive text and photo messages. Any texts that you make using Unlisted will only show your Unlisted number's caller ID. Your real phone number is not associated with the message in any way and remains protected.
Texting a new number
You can text a new phone number by doing the following:
- Go to the Messages screen by tapping the tab on the bottom bar
- Tap the colored and round button on the bottom right to start a new text
- You are now on the unified contact & new number screen
- If you want to text someone in your phone's contact book, scroll through the contacts and select the person you want. You may need to tap to allow Unlisted to access your contacts. Don't worry, we won't ever upload your contacts or do anything creepy with them.
- If you want to text a new number, you can type it into the input box at the top:
- Tap the box at the top. It says something like "Search or enter new number"
- Type in the number you want to text
- When finished, tap the button that says Send Message to: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
- After picking or entering the new number, you'll be brought to the chat view. This should look familiar to your phone's messaging app and it works in much the same way. Enter your message and tap the button to the right to send. Or you can tap the button to the left and pick a photo to send.
Run into any issues along the way? Just get in touch with our support team and we'll help you out!